Initial Posting: 7/18/15
Choosing the Best DHEA Supplement
DHEA Supplements, Touted for Anti-Aging, Reviewed and Quality Rated
See the report now
Beware of Differences in Dose and Price
More about this report
DHEA is a controversial hormone supplement touted for anti-aging effects, with many other potential applications. But what can it really do? How safe is DHEA and what are the potential side effects? And which products deliver the DHEA they promise?
ConsumerLab.com answers these and other questions in its most recent DHEA Supplements Review.
ConsumerLab.com identified a number of products that contained the amount of DHEA claimed on the label, but found that recommended servings sizes varied by about 2,000%! The cost to get an equivalent amount of DHEA varied by as much as 500% among products.
Products were also tested for contamination with lead, cadmium and arsenic, and tablets and caplets were tested to be sure that they could disintegrate properly for absorption.
You must subscribe to get the full test results for DHEA supplements along with ConsumerLab.com recommendations and quality ratings. You will get results for five DHEA supplements selected by ConsumerLab.com and for five others that passed the same tests through our voluntary Quality Certification Program. Also included are two supplements similar to another that passed testing but which are sold under a different brand name.
In this comprehensive report, you'll discover:
See the report now
- Which DHEA supplements failed testing and which passed
- Which DHEA supplements we rated were most economical and which were most expensive
- The evidence for or against DHEA to improve aging skin, sexual function, athletic performance, osteoporosis, lupus, and other conditions
- DHEA dosage for specific uses
- Side effects, cautions, and potential drug interactions with DHEA