SAMe (S-adenosyl-methionine) Supplements Review
Initial Posting: 1/16/16
Make Sure the SAMe Supplements You Take Passed Our Tests
Not All SAM-e Supplements Pass Quality Tests
See the report now
Five-Fold Range in Cost of SAM-e Across Brands -- Find the Best Value
Find Out Now If Yours Passed!
More about this report
SAM-e is involved in many functions in the body and, as a supplement, has been shown to be helpful in reducing the pain of osteoarthritis as well as improving mood in major depression. But which SAM-e supplements are best?
ConsumerLab.com selected 10 SAM-e supplements and tested them to see whether they contained their claimed amounts of SAM-e, and if the enteric coatings (which protect SAM-e in the stomach) worked properly. One product was discovered to contain only 77% of its listed SAM-e.
SAM-e can be expensive, with products costing as much as $3 per day. Among the products which passed testing (including three products tested through CL's voluntary Quality Certification Program), CL determined which provided the best value. It found three products which passed all tests and provided 400 mg of high-quality SAM-e for as little as 51 to 63 cents. In addition, each was enteric-coated to protect SAM-e from stomach acids and sold in blister packs to prevent spoilage from moisture, as SAMe is a sensitive compound.
In this comprehensive report about SAM-e (also called SAMe, S-adenosyl-methionine, or S-adenosyl-L-methionine), you'll get test results and quality ratings for 13 SAM-e supplements. You'll learn:
See the report now
- Which SAM-e supplements passed or failed testing
- Direct comparisons and quality ratings of SAM-e supplements, including cost comparisons showing you can pay anywhere from 51 cents to over $3 for the same amount of SAM-e -- it pays to compare prices
- What SAM-e can and cannot do for your health
- Tips on buying SAM-e and how to properly store it
- SAM-e dosage for different conditions
- Concerns, drug interactions, and potential side-effects of SAM-e