Recalls and Warnings
(Date Posted: 11/26/2019)
|FDA Warns Companies Selling CBD Products as Dietary Supplements
On November 25, 2019, the FDA issued warning letters to 15 companies for selling products containing CBD (cannabidiol) labeled and marketed as dietary supplements, and/or for making drug claims about these products. In the letters, the agency emphasized that CBD is not permitted to be sold as a dietary supplement and cannot be added to food.
In the letters, the agency emphasized that CBD is not permitted to be sold as a dietary supplement and cannot be added to food. More details about this can be found in the Legality section of the CBD and Hemp Extracts Review.
Companies that received a warning letter include the following (use the links below to read the full warning letter):
- KOI CBD LLC (Koi CBD Gummies, CBD Healing Balm, others
- Mr. Pink Collections, LLC (CBD Gummies, Mr. Pink Natural CBD Oil for Pets, others)
- Noli Oil, LLC (CBD softgels, CBD Organic Gummy Bears, others)
- Natural Native LLC (Native CBD Water, CBD Hemp Oil, others)
- Whole Leaf Organics, LLC (CBD MAX 1000 mg, others)
- Infinite Product Company (DBA Infinite CBD) (Absolute Zero 99% + CBD, others)
- Apex Hemp Oil LLC (CBD Chocolate Bar, Apex CBD Dog Treats others)
- Bella Rose Labs (CBD Isolate, Yummy Bears Gummies, others)
- Sunflora, Inc./The CBD Store, LLC (dba Your CBD Store) (Sunmed Tincture, others)
- Healthy Hemp Strategies, LLC (dba Curapure) (CBD Oil Drop Tincture, others)
- Private I Salon, LLC (CBD Hemp Oil Herbal Drops, CBD Weight Loss Oral Spray, others)
- Organix Industries, Inc. (dba Plant Organix) (CBD Sleep Tincture, others)
- Red Pill Medical Inc. (Red Pill Formula 1, Relax, others)
- Sabai Ventures Ltd (Super Good Vibes , Chill Chews Soft Chews for Dogs, others)
- Daddy Burt Hemp Co (Full Spectrum CBD Oil, CBD Gummies, others)
The FDA raised concerns about the safety of CBD products and issued strong warnings to other sellers of CBD in October 2019.
See Related Warnings:
FDA Issues Strong Warnings to Sellers of CBD
FDA Warns Seller of CBD Lotions, Patches, Tinctures and Pet Products
Company Marketing CBD for Use in Infants and Children Gets Strong Warning
Hemp Oil and Cannabidiol (CBD) Marketers Warned by FDA Over Claims
Cannabis Compound Not Permitted in Supplements, FDA Warns
For more information, use the link below.
FDA warns 15 companies for illegally selling various products containing cannabidiol as agency details safety concerns
For other Recalls and Warnings click HERE.
For information about reporting serious reactions and problems with medical products to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration through its MedWatch reporting program, please go to http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/how.htm.