Recalls and Warnings
(Date Posted: 4/28/2020)
|Natures CBD Oil Distribution Warned for Joint Pain Claims
On April 20, 2020, the FDA issued a warning letter to Homero Corp DBA Natures CBD Oil Distribution, following an inspection of the company's website which found the company's products, including Natures Pure CBD Oil, CBD Froggies 25mg, CBD Froggies 50mg, CBD Edibles 200mg Frogs, CBD Edibles 100mg Frogs, CBD gummies, other edible CBD products, various topical CBD products, and CBD products for dogs and cats, were promoted with drug claims. The FDA noted that CBD cannot be sold as a dietary supplement. The agency also warned that the company's food products containing CBD are considered to be "adulterated foods."
The FDA pointed to statements made about the products on the company's website and social media sites that it has determined are drug claims because they promote the products as preventing or treating diseases. For example, statements made about CBD oil on the company's website include claims such as:
Additionally, the Homero Corp CBD-containing products for humans are also misbranded because their labels fail to contain adequate directions for safe use.
- "Natures Pure CBD has had success in alleviating severe withdrawal symptoms associated with opiate dependency"
- "Vaping CBD Oil to Treat Asthma . . . Your best best [sic] to combat Asthma is by vaping CBD Oil. When you vape cbd oil, the cbd oil goes directly into your lungs, and you will notice a positive difference in your Asthma usually in day 1. Sometimes it takes people longer up to 2 weeks to feel the difference in their Asthma when vaping cbd oil."
- CBD Oil for Alzheimer's Disease
- Natures Pure CBD is a strong anti-oxidant that can alleviate lower epileptic seizures, psychotic disorders, and has neuroprotective qualities
- CBD Oil Tincture with CBD Pain Cream works incredibly fast for people that suffer major health issues such as Inflammation issues, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Back and Joint Pain.
The company must reply in writing within 15 days of receipt of the letter and explain the specific steps it has taken to correct these violations.
See ConsumerLab.com's CBD Oil and Hemp Extracts Review for tests of related products.
Also see our answer to the question: Is CBD oil (cannabidiol) effective and safe? Is it legal?
See related recalls and warnings:
Injectable Curcumin, CBD Are Not Safe, Warns FDA
CanaBD Warned for CBD Coronavirus Claims
Earth Angel Oils Warned for Coronavirus Claims
FDA Warns Sellers of CBD, Colloidal Silver & Natural Remedies Promoted to Treat Coronavirus
FDA Warns Companies Selling CBD Products as Dietary Supplements
For more information, use the link below.
Warning Letter: Homero Corp DBA Natures CBD Oil Distribution
For other Recalls and Warnings click HERE.
For information about reporting serious reactions and problems with medical products to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration through its MedWatch reporting program, please go to http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/how.htm.