Recalls and Warnings
(Date Posted: 6/20/2020)
|FTC Warns 30 More Companies for Coronavirus Claims
On June 18, 2020, the FTC announced that it sent warning letters to 30 companies for selling products such as immune system boosters, colloidal silver, vitamin C, and CBD with unsupported claims that they can treat coronavirus (COVID-19).
Both the FTC and FDA emphasized that there are currently no approved treatments for the virus and have previously stated: "There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)."
Warning letters for vitamins, supplements, silver, and colloidal silver:
- Dr. Laura E. Koniver and Intuition Physician, LLC (colloidal silver)
- Herbal Arc (Antivirus Cleanse, Antivirus 2 Cleanse, Balance)
- Encode Nutrition (Formula-216, vitamin C products)
- Fussy Body (coconut oil products)
- Huber Personalized Medicine, LLC (COVID Defense Bundle including silver, vitamin C, and vitamin D)
- Integrative Medicine Center of Western Colorado (vitamin C, NAC, thymic protein A, others)
- Joy Wellness Partners (BioTE IODINE+, vitamin D, thymosin alpha-1)
- Loudoun Holistic Health Partners (vitamin C, Amla-C, Potent C Guard, Stephen Buhner's COVID-19 Protocol, zinc, others)
- The Herb Doctor (Micelle Liposomal Vitamin C, melatonin, elderberry)
Warning letters for intravenous (IV) and ozone/oxygen therapies (use the links below to read the full warning letter):
Warning letters for stem cell treatments:
Warning letter for CBD:
Warning letters for essential oils:
- Big Sky Compounding (Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids, Ester C, Vitamin C with Quercetin, Dr. Mercola Liposomal C, others)
- Myers Detox (Manuka Health Manuka 550MGO, Daily Detox, zinc, CBD, essential oil products, colloidal silver)
Warning letters for pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy:
Warning letter for infrared heat:
Warning letter for oral peroxide gel:
The agencies instructed the companies to send an email to email@example.com within 48 hours of receipt of the warning, describing the specific steps they have taken to correct these violations.
See ConsumerLab's answer to the question: What are natural remedies for coronavirus (COVID-19)? Do supplements like zinc, vitamin C, or herbals work?
For more information, use the link below.
FTC Sends Letters Warning 30 More Marketers to Stop Making Unsupported Claims That Their Products and Therapies Can Effectively Prevent or Treat COVID-19
For other Recalls and Warnings click HERE.
For information about reporting serious reactions and problems with medical products to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration through its MedWatch reporting program, please go to http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/how.htm.