Over 170 substances tested from the following 6 categories. The substances are based on the current World Anti-Doping Code Prohibited List (modified based on availability of chemical standards).
- Stimulants and related compounds
- Narcotics and related substances
- Anabolic agents and related substances
- Diuretics and related substances
- Masking agents and related substances
- Beta Blockers and related substances
Screening involves one or more analytic methods, e.g., HPLC and/or GC and includes spiking and recovery of certain compounds to insure proper extraction. Confirmation of any detected banned substances is made by mass spectroscopy. For any compound for which no commercial chemical standard can be obtained, identification will be made from outside library spectra.
Passing Score: *
To pass, a product must contain no confirmed Banned Substance at a "zero-tolerance level" defined by the recovery rate of a substance as well as its limit of detection in a given matrix.
* Passing scores allow for specific margins of technical error associated with each analysis. ConsumerLab.com reserves the right to disqualify a product at any time from passing its testing if it considers such product to present a safety risk or to provide misleading or inaccurate information in its labeling.
Back to review