ConsumerLab.com's Vitamin C Supplements Review is available online. It includes quality ratings and comparisons of 27 vitamin supplements and explains:
· Which vitamin C supplements passed testing, and which offer the lowest cost
· What vitamin C can and cannot do for your health
· The potential advantages of different forms of vitamins, such as Ester-C, sodium ascorbate, and slow-release vitamin C
· The value of additional ingredients, such as bioflavonoids (e.g., quercetin, dihydroquercetin, rutin, and hesperidin)
· The amount of vitamin C to help prevent or treat conditions such as colds, gout, and vitamin C deficiency
· The potential side effects of vitamin C and other concerns with vitamin C, including drug interactions
Products in the report include 12 selected by ConsumerLab.com and 15 others that passed ConsumerLab.com's Voluntary Certification Program, as well as one other vitamin C supplement similar to one that passed testing. The products are: Child Life Essentials Liquid Vitamin C, CVS Pharmacy Vitamin C, Dynamic Health Laboratories Liquid Vitamin C, Emergen-C Vitamin C Fizzy Drink, Ester-C, Garden of Life RAW Vitamin Code Vitamin C, Gary Null's Suprema C, GNC Vitamin C, Halls Defense Vitamin C, Kirkland Signature (Costco) Vitamin C, Life Extension Vitamin C with Dihydroquercetin, Member's Mark (Sam's Club) Vitamin C, Metabolic Maintenance Buffered Vitamin C, Nature Made Vitamin C, Nature's Bounty Pure Vitamin C, Nature's Plus Super C Complex, New Chapter Organics Tiny Tabs C, Origin (Target) Vitamin C, Puritan's Pride Premium C, Spring Valley (Wal-Mart) Natural C, Sunkist Chewable Vitamin C, Swanson Vitamin C, Trader Joe's Chewable Oranges & C, Twinlab C-1000 Crystalline Vitamin C, Vitasmart (Kmart) Chewable Vitamin C, Walgreens Vitamin C, Vitamin World C-1000 mg, and Yummi Bears Vitamin C.
ConsumerLab.com is a leading provider of consumer information and independent evaluations of products that affect health and nutrition. Reviews of other popular types of supplements are available from www.consumerlab.com. Subscription to ConsumerLab.com is available online. The company is privately held and based in Westchester, New York. It has no ownership from, or interest in, companies that manufacture, distribute, or sell consumer products.