Recalls and Warnings
(Date Posted: 5/9/2020)
|FTC Warns 45 More Companies for Coronavirus Claims
On May 7, 2020, the FTC announced that it sent warning letters to 45 companies for selling products such as herbal products, immune system boosters, and vitamin C with unsupported claims that they can treat coronavirus (COVID-19).
Both the FTC and FDA emphasized that there are currently no approved treatments for the virus and have previously stated: "There currently are no vaccines, pills, potions, lotions, lozenges or other prescription or over-the-counter products available to treat or cure coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)."
Warning letters for general therapy products, supplements, drugs, and Chinese herbal treatments (use the links below to read the full warning letter):
- A Center for Natural Healing (Chinese herbal products)
- ActiveHerb Technology, Inc. (Chinese herbal products)
- Barry Cohen (Zeolite AV)
- Bee & You (Propolis, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen)
- Center for Occupational & Environmental Medicine (TML Drops, Coronavirus Kit)
- Core Acupuncture (Chinese herbal products)
- EHE Clinic & Wellness (Chinese herbal products)
- Essentia Chinese Herbs (QiEnergy, ColdRelief, Isatis Root, ImmuBoost, KidneySupport, ThroatEase, NoseDrop)
- Golden Road Kratom (kratom products)
- Golden Sunrise Pharmaceutical (AnterFeeron-1, AnterFeeron-2, ImmunStem, Aktiffvate)
- Holistic Health Acupuncture (Chinese herbal products)
- Holtorf Medical Group (ImmunoStim, Virunex)
- Infuze MD (Immune Booster Kit)
- Inner Works Acupuncture (Chinese herbal products)
- Integrative Acupuncture (Chinese herbal products)
- Legion Athletics, Inc. (immune boosters)
- Natural Herbal Life, Inc. (herbal products)
- Naturments (black seed oil products)
- New Leaf Wellness, LLC (Thymosin Alpha-1, Immune Boost)
- NothingsIncurable (herbal products)
- Pacific Acupuncture (MycoImmune, Vitamin C with flavanoids, Phytogen, Quercetin)
- Portland Clinic of Holistic Health (Sinus Chi, Bamboo Chi, Vitamin A Drops)
- Proactive Health (Golden Flower, Silver Flower, PuripHy)
- Remedys Nutrition (COVID-19 Immunity Boost Care Kit)
- Sheldon Jay Dobbs (Nitric Oxide)
Warning letters for intravenous vitamin C (IVC) therapy:
Warning letters for air purifiers/sanitizers and water filters:
Warning letter for chiropractic therapy:
Warning letter for EMF radiation protection:
Warning letter for homeopathic treatments:
Warning letter for music therapy:
Warning letter for ozone therapy:
The agencies instructed the companies to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of receipt of the warning, describing the specific steps they have taken to correct these violations.
See ConsumerLab's answer to the question: What are natural remedies for coronavirus (COVID-19)? Do supplements like zinc, vitamin C, or herbals work?
For more information, use the link below.
FTC Sends 45 More Letters Warning Marketers to Stop Making Unsupported Claims That Their Products and Therapies Can Effectively Prevent or Treat COVID-19
For other Recalls and Warnings click HERE.
For information about reporting serious reactions and problems with medical products to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration through its MedWatch reporting program, please go to http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/how.htm.