Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted August 4, 2014
"Superfood" Greens Recalled Due to Salmonella Risk
Salmonella is an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Salmonella infection can produce fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
Recalled Green Vibrance and Rainbow Vibrance were sold nationwide by health food and natural product retailers online and in stores. They can be identified by the following:
- Green Vibrance Capsules (240 count), Code GVC, Lot # 1401078
- Green Vibrance Single Serving Display, Code GVSD, Lot # 1040176, 1040176
- Green Vibrance pdr ( 363 gm, 30-day), Code GV30, Lot # 1041083, 1401092, 1401094
- Green Vibrance pdr (181.5 gm, 15-day), Code GV15, Lot # 1041084, 1041086, 1041087, 1041088, 1041089
- Rainbow Vibrance, pdr (177 gm, 30 day), Code RV19, Lot # 131193
Green Vibrance and Rainbow Vibrance are promoted as a "superfood" made of organic freeze-dried grasses and fruits and vegetables. Green Vibrance also contains pre- and probiotics.
Vibrant Health Green Vibrance was tested by ConsumerLab.com in 2014 and was not Approved.
See Related Warnings:
For more information about this recall, use the link below.