Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted March 15, 2016
FDA Warns Sellers of Weight and Workout Supplements Containing Acacia Rigidula
In the past, some products labeled as containing this ingredient (commonly weight loss and workout supplements) have been found to contain a synthetic, amphetamine-like compound called BMPEA (beta- methylphenylethylamine). Animal studies suggest BMPEA could raise blood pressure and have effects similar to other amphetamine-like substances, although its safety in humans has not been studied. It was first reported by the FDA in 2013 to be present in supplements for weight loss, energy and mood.
To read the warning letter for each company, use the links below:
- Achieve Energy (Achieve Health, LLC) .
- Journey To Weight Control (Journey Health USA, LLC)
- Thermotropin (Legendary Nutrition, LLC)
- UNDISPUTED (Nubreed Nutrition, Inc.)
- BETA-STIM 45 SCOOPS (Rcba Nutraceuticals, LLC)
See Related Warnings:
For more recalls and warnings, use the link below.