Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted April 24, 2021
Metal Reported in Church & Dwight Gummy Melatonin, Multis & Fiber Supplements
On April 20, 2021, Church & Dwight Co., Inc. recalled 13 lots of seven gummy supplements, including melatonin, multivitamin and fiber products, after a company investigation revealed the possible presence of a metallic mesh material in product lots manufactured in a four-day period (between October 29 and November 3, 2020). The investigation was initiated after reports from two consumers.
In some severe cases, ingesting a metallic material could lead to damage of the digestive tract. To date, Church & Dwight and the FDA have not received any reports of illness or injury from the manufacturing issue.
These products (see recall photos) were distributed to in-store and e-commerce retailers from November 13, 2020 through April 9, 2021. They can be further identified by the following:
- Product: vitafusion Kids Melatonin 50ct. UPC: 0-27917-00170-8. Lot code: WA03076268. Expiration: 11/22
- Product: vitafusion Fiber Well 220ct. UPC: 0-27917-01984-0. Lot code: WA03087520, expiration: 11/22; Lot code: WA02487524, expiration: 9/22; Lot code: WA03086273, expiration: 11/22
- Product: vitafusion Sleep Well 250ct. UPC: 0-27917-02524-7. Lot code: WA03077414. Expiration: 11/22
- Product: vitafusion MultiVites 150ct. UPC: 0-27917-01919-2. Lot code: WA03044959. Expiration: 4/22
- Product: vitafusion Melatonin 44ct. UPC: 0-27917-28011-0. Lot code: WA03076270. Expiration: 11/22
- Product: vitafusion Melatonin 140ct. UPC: 0-27917-02671-8. Lot code: WA03076990, expiration: 11/22; Lot code: WA03077852, expiration: 11/22; Lot code: WA02608988, expiration: 9/22
- Product: vitafusion Fiber Well 90ct. UPC: 0-27917-01890-4. Lot code: WA02187020, expiration: 8/22; Lot code: WA03086671, expiration: 11/22; Lot code: WA03087521, expiration: 11/22
Consumers who have purchased one of the recalled products should stop consumption immediately and call the FDA Consumer Affairs team at (800) 981-4710 before disposing of the product. Consumer Affairs will provide a full refund.
For more information, use the link below.
See Related Warnings: