Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted December 1, 2021
Probiotics Recalled Due to Bacterial Contamination, May Be Life-Threatening to Some
On December 1, 2021, Livia Global, Inc issued a voluntary recall of two lots of probiotics due to potential contamination with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. This bacterium, if ingested, can cause life-threatening infection in immunocompromised individuals. According to the company's recall notice, contamination of the two recalled lots was discovered during routine 3rd party laboratory testing for quality assurance.
Livia Global, Inc's LiviaOne Nasal Probiotics, LiviaOne Daily Probiotics, LiviaOne Topical Spray Probiotics, BioLifePet Probiotics for Cats, and BioLifePet Probiotics for Dogs (view product photos here) were distributed nationwide through Amazon, wholesale, and through direct sales from the company's website. The recalled products can be identified by the following lot and UPC numbers, found on the side of the bottles or on the bottom of the outer container in which products are sold:
- Lot numbers: #001005-1 Best by: 04/2023 and #010620-1 Best by: 08/2023
- LiviaOne Daily Probiotics 2oz, UPC 030915 107112
- LiviaOne Daily Probiotics 4oz, UPC 030915 107167
- LiviaOne Topical Spray Probiotics 4oz, UPC 030915 107105
- LiviaOne Nasal Probiotics 1oz, UPC 030915 107198
- LiviaOne Nasal Probiotics 1 oz, UPC 030915 107198
- LiviaOne Nasal Probiotics 1 oz, Lot no. 010620-1 UPC 030915 107198
- BioLifePet Probiotics for Cats, UPC 030915 107044
- BioLifePet Probiotics for Dogs, UPC 030915 107037
See ConsumerLab's Probiotics Supplements Review for tests of related products.
Consumers who have the recalled products should not use them and throw them away. Impacted consumers may contact LiviaGlobal Customer Care to request a full refund.
For more information about the recall, use the link below:
See related recalls and warnings: