Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted April 29, 2015
FDA Targets Weight Loss and Workout Supplements Listing Synthetic Stimulant DMBA
DMBA is an analogue of the pharmaceutical stimulant, 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA), which is banned by the FDA. DMBA may also be listed on labels as 1,3-Dimethylbutylamine, 2-amino-4-methylpentane, AMP citrate, AMP, or 4-methyl-2-pentanamine
The FDA identified the following products as listing the ingredient on their labels:
- Velocity by 1ViZN, L.L.C.
- Oxyphen XR Amp'd by Beta Labs
- Angel Dust by Blackstone Labs, LLC
- Yellow Bullet AMP by Brand New Energy, LLC
- AMP Citrate by Core Nutritionals LLC
- HybriLean and PREAMP by DSEO LLC
- EVOL by Genomyx LLC
- Contraband by Iron Forged Nutrition (d.b.a. TGB Supplements)
- AMPilean and AMPitropin by Lecheek Nutrition
- Adipodex by Nutrex Research, Inc.
- AMP Citrate by Powder City LLC
- PWO/STIM by Prime Nutrition
- Red Rum SS by RPM Nutrition, LLC
- VPX Redline White Heat (strawberry, fruit punch, and watermelon) and MD2 Meltdown by Vital Pharmaceuticals
See ConsumerLab.com's Reviews of Weight Loss Supplements and Muscle Enhancers for more about other synthetic stimulants and steroids found in these types of supplements, and tests of related products.
See Related Warnings:
For more warnings and recalls, use the link below.