Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted September 19, 2022
Colgate Toothpastes, Fixodent, Poligrip, & Other Personal Care Products Recalled by Family Dollar
On September 15 and 16, 2022, Family Dollar issued a recall of certain toothpastes, mouthwashes and denture adhesives, as well as other personal care products, because the products were stored and shipped outside of labeled temperature requirements.
Recalled Colgate toothpaste products were shipped to Family Dollar retail locations on or around May 1, 2022 through June 21, 2022. Recalled denture adhesives and other personal care products were shipped to locations throughout the U.S.; the recall for these products, however, does not apply to Family Dollar stores in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington, Alaska, or Hawaii. Products included in the recall can be further identified by the following:
- Colgate Optic White Stain Prevention Toothpaste, 2.1 oz, UPC: 998277
- Colgate Optic White Charcoal Toothpaste, 4.2 oz, UPC: 998909
- Colgate Optic White Mouthwash, 16 fl oz, UPC: 999043
- Colgate Optic White High Impact Toothpaste, 3 oz, UPC: 999088
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste Icy Fresh, 3.2 oz, UPC: 999749
- Colgate Optic White Stain Fighter Toothpaste Clean Mint, 4.2 oz, UPC: 999750
- Dentemp One Step, .077 oz, UPC: 902139
- Fixodent ADH Cream with Scope, 2 oz, UPC: 906402
- Fixodent ADH Cream Ultra Max Hold, 2.2 oz, UPC: 999619
- Fixodent Org Cream, 2.4 oz, UPC: 906018
- Fixodent Org Cream Travel, .75 oz, UPC: 901239
- GS Denture Clean Overnight Tab, 40 count, UPC: 906023
- GS Denture Cleansers Green Tab, 40 count, UPC: 906312
- Polident Denture Cleansers, 84 count, UPC: 901634
- Polident Denture Cleanser Tab, 28 count, UPC: 906131
- Polident Overnight Whitening Tab, 28 count, UPC: 901777
- Poligrip ADH Cream Free, 2.4 oz, UPC: 900334
- Poligrip Denture Adhesive Original, 2.4 oz, UPC: 900723
- Poligrip Extracare Adhesive Cream, 2.2 oz, UPC: 999632
- Poligrip Power Max Hold, 2.2 oz, UPC: 903377
- Simply Saline Nasal Mist, 3.1 oz, UPC: 999801
- Super Poligrip ADH Cream, .75 oz, UPC: 900085
- Travel Kit Toothbrush Cap Paste in Pouch, 1 count, UPC: 900737
Other personal care products being recalled by Family Dollar include nasal saline sprays, contact lens solution, and pregnancy tests. Family Dollar has notified affected stores asking these stores to check their stock and discontinue sale of any affected product. Customers that may have purchased affected products may return them to Family Dollar without a receipt.
Consumers who purchased affected lots should stop using the product. Consumers and healthcare providers can report any adverse reactions through the FDA’s MedWatch Voluntary Reporting Program.
For information about related products, see ConsumerLab’s answer to the question: Which ingredients should toothpaste contain, and which should be avoided?
Also see ConsumerLab's Zinc Review for more information about use of dental adhesives containing zinc.
For more information, use the links below.