Recalls & Warnings
ConsumerLab.com is keeping you informed with current product recalls and warnings.
Posted May 1, 2023
TruVision Recalls Products Due to Presence of Potentially Dangerous Ingredients
On April 27, 2023, TruVision Health issued a recall of various dietary supplement products because they contain hordenine and/or octodrine/DMHA, compounds that the FDA considers to be “possibly unsafe” and which are not permitted to be sold as dietary supplements.
Hordenine and octodrine/DMHA are sometimes sold as a weight loss ingredient because they may enhance metabolism. DMHA, is also known as 1,5-Dimethylhexylamine, 1,5-DMHA, or by names such as Amidrine or Vaporpac. Hordenine may have stimulant effects and side effects such as rapid heart rate and high blood pressure. Some consumers using the recalled products have reported experiencing chest pain, chills, diarrhea, dizziness/lightheadedness, fatigue, headache, high blood pressure, high heart rate, jitters, nausea, nervousness, rash, stomach pain or upset, sweating and vomiting.
Recalled TruVision products (see product photos) were packaged as capsules in blister packs and cardboard cartons or as stick packs in 30 count bags with the TruVision Health or Truvy brand name. Products were sold online and distributed throughout the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland and England. They can be further identified by the following:
- truCONTROL 60 Count, Lot #: 13580, SKU: 1004
- TruControl 7 Day Trifold, Lot #: WKW72353, SKU: 1005
- reFORM, Lot #: 34159, SKU: 1006
- truControl with Dynamine 60 ct, Lot #: WK65081, SKU: 1010
- TruWeight and Energy Gen 2+ 60 Count, Lot #: WK71567, SKU: 8402
- TruWeight and Energy Gen 2+ Trifold, Lot #: 25173, SKU: 8403
- Truvy 30-Day Experience Kit, Lot #: 39643/42825, SKU: 10000
- Truvy 7-Day Experience Kit, Lot #: 41404, SKU: 10001
- Truvy Boost 30-Day Experience Kit, Lot #: 13993, SKU: 10002
- TruBoost 7 Day Experience Kit, Lot #: 13985, SKU: 10003
- TruBoost Drink - Citrine Spark, Lot #: PM17921F1, SKU: 12000
- TruBoost Drink - Ruby Rev, Lot #: PM18821F1, SKU: 12001
Consumers who have affected products should stop using them immediately and return them to TruVision Health LLC for a full refund, not including return shipping, or an exchange.
For more information and tests of related products, see ConsumerLab’s Weight Loss Supplements Review.
For more information, use the link below.
TruVision Health Recalls Dietary Supplement Products Because of Possible Health Risk
See related recalls and warnings:
FDA Warns 10 Companies for Selling Workout Supplements With Dangerous Ingredients
DMHA and Phenibut Are Not Permitted in Dietary Supplements, Warns FDA
Higenamine -- A Potentially Dangerous Stimulant -- Found in Some Supplements
Nine Banned Stimulants Found in Workout, Weight Loss Supplements
Recalled Vitamin D Contains Potentially Dangerous Ingredient
FDA Warns Sellers of Bodybuilding Supplements Containing Steroid-Like Substances