Green coffee bean extract (GCBE) supplements may help you lose weight. But ConsumerLab.com found that 50% of the supplements it recently selected for testing didn't contain expected amounts of key chlorogenic acids -- compounds associated with the extract's weight loss effects. Out of the eight green coffee bean extract supplements selected, one contained NO extract and three others contained no more than 14%, 64%, and 82% of expected amounts, based on chemical analyses repeated in two independent laboratories.
Fortunately, several high-quality products were found, including some identified through ConsumerLab.com's Voluntary Certification Program. Among the CL Approved products, the cost to get a 400 mg dose of extract ranged by over 300%, but one cost as little as 20 cents per dose.
You must be a member to get ConsumerLab.com's test results for each of the green coffee bean extracts supplements listed above. In the report, you'll discover:
If you already are a subscriber, SIGN IN now.
- Which GCBE supplements passed, and which failed quality testing and review
- How many pounds of weight you may lose with GCBE
- Cost comparisons and how to get a high-quality green coffee bean supplement at lowest cost
- The dosage of green coffee extract shown to be effective and how to take the supplements
- Concerns, cautions, and potential side effects for GCBE supplements