- Health benefits of nattokinase supplements: Nattokinase supplements have been promoted to reduce the risk of blood clots and reduce blood pressure. However, the evidence for these effects in people remains preliminary: No study has definitively shown a reduction in clots in people from using nattokinase, although a reduction in blood clotting factors has been demonstrated, and nattokinase causes only a small reduction blood pressure. (See "What It Does")
- How to choose a nattokinase supplement: When choosing a nattokinase supplement, it is important to look for one which lists its enzyme activity, which will be in FU (fibrin degradation or fibrinolytic units). Listing just the amount of enzyme in milligrams doesn't tell you enough, since not all nattokinase is equally active. You'll want a product providing at least 1,000 FU per pill or unit (see "What It Is"). Also, check that ConsumerLab.com or another reputable independent 3rd party has verified the enzyme activity, as not all products provide the activity they list (see "What CL Found").
- Best value for nattokinase: Products which ConsumerLab.com found to contain their listed nattokinase enzyme activity are indicated as Approved in the 3rd column of the Results Table below. Among those, several provide the best value (i.e., greatest enzyme activity at lowest cost) -- see Top Picks.
- Nattokinase safety and side effects: Short term use of nattokinase supplements is generally well-tolerated but people who are taking medications such as blood-thinners or blood-pressure lowering medication should use them only with caution (See "Concerns and Cautions"). Nattokinase may also increase bleeding in the event of trauma or during and after surgery. Many nattokinase supplements contain soy and should not be used by people with an allergy to soy. See the last column of the Results Table to find out which claim soy.
Nattokinase Supplements Review
Choose the Best Nattokinase Supplement . CL Tests Reveal Which Nattokinase Suppplements Provide the Best Quality & Value
Nattokinase supplements compared in this review
Arthur Andrew Medical Nattovéna
Dr. David Williams Nattokinase
Healthy Origins Nattokinase
KAL Nattokinase 100 mg
Natural Factors Nattokinase 100 mg
Ortho Molecular Products Nattokinase
Puritan's Pride Nattokinase
Solgar Nattokinase Complex
The Vitamin Shoppe Nattokinase with Rutin
Vitamin World Nattokinase
- Which nattokinase supplements passed or failed ConsumerLab.com's testing and review
- Which nattokinase supplements are the best value and our Top Picks
- The evidence regarding the use of nattokinase to prevent blood clots, lower blood pressure, and affect Alzheimer's disease
- The dosage of nattokinase for different applications and the related clinical evidence
- Potential side effects, allergic reactions, and drug interactions with nattokinase
As a ConsumerLab.com member, you may print a copy of this report for your personal use.
You can access a special print version by clicking the "Print" icon in the upper right corner of this report. You can then use your web browser's print functions to print the whole report or just selected pages.
You may also email or post a link to this report using the web address above. Non-members using the link will see a free summary and can join to view the full report. Other means of copying or distributing this report, in part or full, are not permitted.