L-theanine, an amino acid found in tea leaves, is often promoted to reduce stress and for use in a variety of conditions including ADHD, but does it really work? In this report, ConsumerLab.com reviews the evidence for this supplement, explains how L-theanine is used and, most importantly, shows you which L-theanine supplements are high-quality, provide the right dose for your needs, and offer the best value. We found, for example, that you can get the same, high-quality L-theanine for nearly one-third the price of other supplements if you choose the right product. Be aware that the suggested dosing on products may much higher or lower than you want.
You must join to get the full test results for L-theanine supplements along with ConsumerLab.com recommendations and quality ratings. You'll get test results and quality ratings for 8 supplements selected for review by ConsumerLab.com, plus 4 others which passed the same tests through ConsumerLab.com's voluntary, Quality Certification Program. Plus, you'll learn:
- Which L-theanine supplements failed testing and which passed
- Differences in the marketed forms of L-theanine
- The best L-theanine supplements at the lowest cost
- The dosage of L-theanine taken for different applications and the related clinical evidence
- Potential side effects and drug interactions of L-theanine supplements
- Tips for buying and using L-theanine, and more!
If you already are a member, SIGN IN