What is L-arginine? L-arginine (also referred to as just arginine) is an amino acid which may increase blood flow to various parts of the body and be useful in people with congestive heart failure, angina, sexual dysfunction, and other conditions. But do L-arginine supplements help?
ConsumerLab.com purchased, tested and reviewed L-arginine supplements, including those with only L-arginine and those with L-arginine in combination with ingredients such as B-vitamins, epimedium (horny goat weed), LongJax, and Tribulus terrestris.
We found the quality of product to be generally high. However, the suggested dosage of L-arginine for some products may not be effective for their expected use. We also found the cost of L-arginine varied among products, with some offering better value than others.
You must join to get the full test results for L-arginine supplements along with ConsumerLab.com recommendations and quality ratings. You will get results for three supplements selected by ConsumerLab.com and for three others that passed voluntary certification testing, as well as information about three supplements similar to ones that passed testing.
You'll get the following information about L-arginine supplements in this comprehensive report:
If you already are a subscriber, SIGN IN now.
- Which L-arginine supplements passed or failed testing
- Direct comparisons and quality ratings of L-arginine supplements
- The lowest cost, high-quality L-arginine supplement we found
- The dosage of L-arginine shown to work in clinical studies for cardiovascular and sexual enhancement uses
- Concerns, drug interactions, and potential side-effects of L-arginine supplements