Meal Replacement & Weight Management Powders and Shakes Review
Find the Best Meal Replacement and Weight Management Products.
Only 64% of Meal Powders & Shakes Pass ConsumerLab.com's Tests of Quality
Meal replacement and weight management powders and beverages compared in this review
Atkins Day Break - Strawberry Banana Shake
FitMiss Delight Chocolate Delight
Garden of Life RAW Organic Meal Vanilla
Herbalife Formula 1 Healthy Meal French Vanilla
IsAgenix IsaLean Shake Natural Berry Harvest
Jarrow Formulas The Slim Whey Green Tea
Metagenics UltraMeal Rice Vanilla
Naturade Total Soy Chocolate
Nature's Plus Spiru-Tein Powder Vanilla Soy
SlimFast Advanced Nutrition Creamy Chocolate
Special K Protein Vanilla Cappuccino
Vega One All-In-One Nutritional Shake French Vanilla
- 5 times the listed amount of sodium
- Contamination with cadmium, a toxic heavy metal
- 53% more carbohydrate and 24% more calories
- 16% less protein
In addition to measuring the protein, carbohydrates, and fats in every product, each was checked for contamination with arsenic, cadmium, mercury, and lead. "Gluten-free" products were checked for gluten.
ConsumerLab.com identified some of the best quality meal replacement products and came up with a short list of its Top Picks.
Avoid problems and find the best meal replacement powder or shake at the best price using ConsumerLab.com's reviews and recommendations. In this comprehensive review, you'll get test results for 13 products, including two which passed ConsumerLab.com's voluntary Quality Certification Program. You'll discover:
- Which powders and shakes failed testing and which passed, earning top quality ratings -- and why
- ConsumerLab.com's Top Picks
- Head-to-head comparisons of the protein, fats, and carbohydrates (including sugar and fiber) in all meal replacement products reviewed and rated
- Nutritional intake recommendations
- Clinical evidence regarding the use of meal replacements for weight loss, blood sugar control, and muscle gain
- Concerns and cautions with using meal replacement products
Also see ConsumerLab.com's Protein Powders & Shakes Review.
As a ConsumerLab.com member, you may print a copy of this report for your personal use.
You can access a special print version by clicking the "Print" icon in the upper right corner of this report. You can then use your web browser's print functions to print the whole report or just selected pages.
You may also email or post a link to this report using the web address above. Non-members using the link will see a free summary and can join to view the full report. Other means of copying or distributing this report, in part or full, are not permitted.