Yes. They are both relatively high in nickel and can cause allergic contact dermatitis in people who are nickel-sensitive or have a nickel allergy. (If you are allergic to milk, also be aware that even some dark chocolates contain milk). In fact, in response to this question, ConsumerLab.com checked the nickel content of several cocoa and dark chocolate products and found much higher levels of nickel than known to exist in milk chocolate and other foods. Just one serving of dark chocolate, for example, contained about as much nickel as an adult gets per day from all other foods and beverages combined. More about this concern, and details about dietary factors that might help reduce nickel absorption, are found in the Concerns and Cautions section of the Cocoa Powders, Dark Chocolate, Extracts, Nibs & Supplements Review >>
Join today to unlock all member benefits including full access to all CL Answers and over 1,300 reviews.Join Now
Already a member? Sign In Here.
Join now at www.consumerlab.com/join/
Submit your comment
This feature is restricted to active members.
Join now to add comments and get all member benefits, including over 1,300 reviews.Join Now
Already a member? Sign in here.
Agree to Comment Terms
Please abide by the following:
For your privacy, only your first name (from your account) followed by a random number will appear with your comment. Your last name and email address will not be displayed.
Your comment has been submitted
We will review your comment before it is posted.